|The following rules and regulations are for the
protection and benefit of all members. These rules have
been established to assure the safe and sanitary
operation of club facilities.
Parents are requested to caution their children to
observe all rules and obey instructions of club
managers and authorized employees. Parents should
keep in mind: THE POOL IS NOT A
BABYSITTING SERVICE. The pool manager is
authorized to cause these rules to be observedand will refuse admission to any member financially delinquent. This authority has been granted by the Board of Trustees pursuant to Article VII, Section 2, of the club code of regulations.
Membership cards MUST be presented and left in the office for admission to the club.
1. The pool will be open to members and their families at least eight (8) hours each day at times established by the Board of Trustees, except for purposes specified in
paragraphs 3 & 4 below.
2. An area of the pool may be reserved by the Club Manager for groups or individual
instruction. The period ofinstruction shall not exceed one (1) hour. Formal instruction
under this provision will not be given on Sundays or Holidays.
3. If the program and Activities Committee designates special events, such events shall not exceed three (3) days per month. On days of special events, the pool will be closed
early to allow the management ample time to prepare for the event.
4. The pool may be closed for maintenance operations, health conditions, weather, or any reason deemed sufficient by the Club Managers, consistent with the welfare and safety
1. The club will be staffed daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. weather permitting.
2. Please observe the rules posted on signs throughout the club area.
3. The pool may remain open later than 9:00 p.m., at the Manager's discretion, except on
1. A Life Guard is the final authority on matters of
discipline at the pool. Grave danger can be
associated with a swimming pool; therefore, the
decision of the Life Guard is not subject to appeal.
The Manager must be notified as to why the
benching has occurred.
2. The Life Guard's instructions must be instantly
followed or disciplinary action in the form of
immediate suspension of pool privileges for the day
will result. The Life Guard must notify the Manager
of the problem and the Manager will enforce the
3. The Life Guard shall report to the Pool Manager
serious offenses or refusal to follow instructions. The
Pool Manager shall in turn report such incidents to the Board of Trustees, for
appropriate action under Article VII, Section 2, of the Code of Regulations.
4. Discipline procedures are as follows:
• MINOR INFRACTIONS - Managers or the guards may send a child to the
• MAJOR INFRACTIONS - Managers may suspend privileges for 1 day.
• REPEATED MAJOR INFRACTIONS - Managers may suspend privileges up to 7 full days.
5. Suspension procedures are as follows:
• The child suspended will be sent to the penalty bench until the guard and manager
• The manager and guard will enter the suspension and reason for it in the log and all parties will sign the logbook.
• The manager will attempt to contact the child's parents and inform them of the
• The manager will ask the child to remain on the penalty bench until the parents are
contacted. No child should leave the Club without parental permission.
RULES OF CONDUCT
1. Members shall drive slowly and carefully and only on driveways and parking areas. No temporary parking behind cars or in the handicap area is permitted.
2. Food and refreshments are prohibited beyond the red lines around the pool and also on the tennis courts.
3. All members and guests shall give full consideration and regard to the rights and
privileges of others.
4. No alcoholic beverages permitted on the grounds without Board approval.
5. No smoking allowed. Woodhaven Swim and Tennis Club is a non-smoking facility.
DAILY GUEST FEES
A daily guest fee of $3.00 will be charged for all guests regardless of age, for all privileges at the club. No guest other than a houseguest or babysitter will be admitted to the club more than once a week. Guest fees also include tennis players, who are limited to once-a-week privileges.
HOUSEGUEST AND BABYSITTER PRIVILEGES AND FEES
1. A special privilege is available in the event a member has a houseguest, regardless of
age, for an extended period of time (one week or longer). The guest may be admitted
to the Club by payment of the daily guest rate. A special assessment, to be paid by the
sponsoring member of either $14.00 per week or $75.00 for the season is also
2. Pool member families who require a baby sitter will make application in writing to the
Board of Trustees. A non swimming baby sitter will have no fee and a swimming baby
sitter will pay the regular daily guest fee and can come more than once a week. A
special assessment of $75.00 for the season is also available. If the baby sitter has a
child of their own, that child will be treated like other guests and admitted to the pool
only once a week.
3. The special assessment must be paid in advance and any daily guest rates that have
been paid will not be refunded or credited towards assessment. The assessment will
include all Club privileges. This assessment must be paid for each individual guest.
4. All guests must be accompanied at all times by a member. Conduct of guests shall be
the sole responsibility of the sponsoring member. Guests shall be registered at the
Pool Manager's office by the sponsoring member. Registration shall consist of full name and address of all guests.
5. No guest other than a houseguest or babysitter shall be admitted to the Club more than
once a week. The Club week will begin on Monday.
6. Guest will be admitted to the Club on any day with payment of guest fees of $3.00 per
7. Guest rates will be established by the Board of Trustees prior to the opening of the
pool for the season. The Board of Trustees shall consider the recommendations of the
various Standing Committees, but shall fix rates consistent with the interests of the
membership as a whole. These rates shall be posted at the pool.
8. Additional guest privileges may be granted by the Board of Trustees or its designated
representative for special club sponsored activities, written notices of which will be
posted in advance.
9. No guest under 18 years of age unaccompanied by an adult will be admitted inside
fenced pool area unless guest fee has been paid.
10. Guests CANNOT be a regular participant in a tennis league. Guests may fill in, but
should not be regulars. Neither can guests be participants on the swim team.
GROUP FUNCTION FEES
Group functions such as birthday parties or ball team banquets will be charged a $20 flat rate for up to 10 people. The eleventh guest will be charged the normal $3.00 fee. If your party includes over 20 guests, you must submit a request in writing to the Board for approval. Any group function of any size must be scheduled with the manager. Additionally, an adult pool member must remain with the party for its entirety.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. Admission to the pool may be refused to anyone with colds, coughs, inflamed eyes,
infections, or who is wearing a bandage.
2. No glass is allowed on the pool deck or inside the tennis courts.
3. No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or undue disturbances shall be permitted in
or about the pool area.
4. Air inflated tubes, jackets, masks, toys, goggles, flippers, webbed feet, diving sticks
or other paraphernalia shall be allowed in the pool at the discretion of the Manager.
None of these are allowed in the diving section.
5. Hard balls and super soakers are forbidden at the pool!!! Hard balls are defined as,
but not limited to, baseballs, softballs and tennis balls. No ball playing of any kind is
allowed in the roped off shallow end. This also includes toddler balls and toys. Soft ball play will still be allowed in the main pool. Soft balls would include, but are not limited
to, koosh or sponge balls, as well as beach balls. The lifeguard on duty will settle any
6. Children 10 and under shall not use the deep end of the pool until they have passed a
basic test consisting of 1 minute of treading water, swimming back and forth in the deep end. Passing of the test must be noted on the membership card.
Note: the passing of this test does not entitle a child under the age of 10 to remain at
the pool without adult supervision. Parents should keep in mind that the pool is not a
7. Management reserves the right to judge the ability of a child to function in an
8. Use of the kiddie pool shall be limited to children 6 and under who MUST be
accompanied by a responsible person. No metal or rigid plastic toys are allowed in the
9. The shallow end of the pool is for the use of those 10 and under.
10. No one under 18 is allowed in the pool during adult breaks, including babies in arms.
11. All commonly recognized and posted rules of sanitation, conduct and safety shall be
12. Babies in diapers should wear swim diapers.
13. The playground is reserved for the use of children 10 and under.
1. Fires are permitted in fireplaces and grills only and shall not be left unattended.
2. Refuse must be placed in containers provided.
3. Damage to Club property including trees and shrubs will not be permitted. Members
will be financially responsible for destruction and subject to expulsion for repeated
4. No property or equipment shall be removed from the premises without the expressed
knowledge and permission of the Manager or the Board.
1. Access to the pool and grounds will be available
to qualified members, their families and authorized
guests. Any person trespassing during any hours
when the club is declared closed shall be
prosecuted. Persons found trespassing shall be
prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
2. The Club will not be responsible for loss or
damage to personal property.
3. Property damage will be charged to responsible
4. No pets shall be permitted on Club property
unless on a leash, but at no times are any pets
permitted in the pool area or on the tennis courts.
5. Parking will be permitted in designated areas only.
6. Employees of the Club are bound to adhere to the foregoing rules and regulations.
7. No one should enter the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
8. On duty staff members are instructed by the Board of Trustees to enforce all safety
rules. Decisions made by the board are final.